The deadline to tender contract to arbitration-eligible gamers is tonight at 7:00pm Central. Here’s a rundown of the gamers on American League groups which have been non-tendered right now. This publish might be up to date as extra selections are revealed.
MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz projected salaries for all arb-eligible gamers final month. Onto the transactions…
- The Mariners introduced that they’ve non-tendered three gamers: catchers Brian O’Keefe and Louis Torrensin addition to righty Luke Weaver. Weaver was simply claimed off waivers from the Royals just a few weeks in the past however will now grow to be a free agent.
- The White Sox introduced three non-tenders: outfielders Adam Engel and Mark Paytonin addition to infielder Danny Mendick. Engel is usually thought of a robust defensive outfielder however he struggled on the plate in 2022. Mendick performed everywhere in the diamond whereas hitting .289/.343/.443 for a wRC+ of 125.
- The Guardians introduced they’ve non-tendered lefty Anthony Gose and catcher Luke Maile. Gose was designated for project earlier within the week. Maile bought into 76 video games hit at a beneath-common degree with roughly common defensive marks.
- The Angels introduced 4 non-tenders: lefties Jonathan Diaz and Rob Zastryznyin addition to righties Touki Toussaint and Nash Walters. The latter three names have been designated for project just a few days in the past.
- The Rays have non-tendered Ryan Yarbroughper Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. Tampa designated him for project earlier within the week.
- The Blue Jays introduced that they’ve non-tendered outfielders Raimel Tapia and Bradley Zimmerin addition to infielder Vinny Capra. The two former names have been designated for project just a few days in the past.
- The Athletics introduced that they didn’t tender contracts to a few gamers: proper-hander Deolis Guerraleft-hander Jared Koenig and infielder David MacKinnon. Guerra is essentially the most seasoned of the trio, having made his MLB debut again in 2015 and made 136 appearances. Unfortunately, he required Tommy John surgical procedure in April, lacking your entire 2022 marketing campaign and presumably a few of 2023 as effectively.
- The Red Sox even non-tendering outfielder/first-baseman Franchy Cordero, in keeping with Chris Cotillo of MassLive.com. Cordero appeared in 84 video games for the Red Sox this previous season, however hit simply .219/.300/.397 with eight dwelling runs whereas grading out very poorly on protection. The Sox even have a non-tendered infielder Yu Changper Alex Speier of the Boston Globe. The versatile infielder began the 12 months with the Guardians however subsequently went to the Pirates in a commerce, then went to the Rays and Red Sox on waiver claims. Across these 4 groups, he hit .208/.289/.315 for a wRC+ of 78.
- The Astros will half methods with reliever Josh Jamesas Chandler Rome of the Houston Chronicle reviews they’re anticipated to non-tender him tonight. He spent your entire 2022 marketing campaign within the minors, and underwent flexor tendon surgical procedure in October and is and not using a timetable to return.
- The Rangers introduced that proper-hander Nick Snyder has not been tendered a contract. He solely has 4 2/3 innings of MLB expertise over the previous couple of seasons. He spent most of 2022 in Triple-A, posting a 4.97 ERA over 38 innings, though with a 30.9% strikeout charge.
- The Royals opted to non-tender lefty Jake Brentz and proper-hander Nate Webb, the crew introduced. That’s no shock, as each gamers have been designated for project earlier this week. They misplaced their 40-man roster spots because of this, however the non-tender means Kansas City will not have to run them via waivers earlier than sending them on to free company. Anne Rogers of MLB.com tweets that Kansas City is tendering contracts to the remainder of their arbitration class, together with Brad Keller and Amir Garrett — every of whom appeared to have a small probability of being minimize unfastened after robust seasons.