Initial reactions and observations
- Did Joshua Kimmich redeem his efficiency with that purpose? It’s a query price asking. Bayern Munich created quite a few probabilities, nevertheless it ended up being a fluke screamer that saved the purpose. Julian Nagelsmann has some pondering to do concerning the offense — it would not look anyplace close to as fluid or assured as the primary half of the season.
- A flick-on from Thomas Muller is extra harmful than 200 dribbles from our wingers. He wants to begin the subsequent recreation.
- Ryan Gravenberch could have advisable himself for extra minutes with that efficiency. Given how the remainder of the midfield is performing, he deserves extra enjoying time.
- Once once more, Nagelsmann’s subs go away query marks. Why was Jamal Musiala swapped for Thomas Muller? Couldn’t they play collectively? Why did Mathys Tel come on for Alphonso Davies, then play on the correct aspect the place he isn’t as efficient? Why swap to a back-three within the dying minutes of the sport? Lots of inquiries to be requested within the coming days.
- Leroy Sane seemingly being Bayern’s #2 attacking midfielder is senseless when Thomas Muller is accessible. The coach must get his priorities sorted.
- Sleepy defending on corners virtually value Bayern quite a few instances on this recreation. Did they hearth the set piece coach too? Who’s in cost of these things?
Want to listen to extra in regards to the recreation? Why not try our post-game podcast? Chuck’s not nervous (but) however talks us via lineups, Thomas Müller, cohesion, and extra. Listen under or instantly on Spotify:
As all the time, we recognize all of your assist!
Full time: Bayern Munich 1-1 FC Koln.
89′ — GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Joshua Kimmich makes it 1-1! What an unbelievable shot!
85′ — Bayern are getting determined now.
77′ — Chances are coming, however nonetheless 1-0 t0 Koln. This looks like a type of video games.
67′ — Sub: Thomas Muller comes on for Jamal Musiala. WHY HAS NAGELSMANN DONE THIS?
57′ — The subs labored nice, Bayern look a lot better. Still no targets but.
45′ — The second half is underway! Ryan Gravenberch and Kingsley Coman come on for Serge Gnabry and Leon Goretzka.
Haltime: Bayern Munich are dropping 1-0. This was horrible.
39′ — This is horrendous on the again from Bayern Munich. Koln may’ve been 2-0 up by now.
26′ — Still no means again for Bayern. The assault appears surprisingly disjointed.
4′ — Goal. What the hell simply occurred. Shkiri simply made it 1-0 to Koln.
Kickoff: We’re on our means in Munich! The first dwelling recreation of 2023!
One hour till kickoff: We have lineups! Looks like Julian Nagelsmann was proud of what he noticed from Bayern Munich versus RB Leipzig, as a result of right here now we have the very same lineup. Will or not it’s sufficient to beat FC Koln? We’ll have to attend and discover out. Kickoff is in an hour’s time.
Starting the yr with a draw undoubtedly wasn’t ideally suited, however because of the cramped schedule, Bayern Munich could make issues proper right away.
Julian Nagelsmann is underneath stress from the media to begin Thomas Muller, particularly after the assault appeared toothless in opposition to RB Leipzig. However the coach has been reluctant to commit, as a substitute preferring Jamal Musiala within the attacking midfield place. Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka might be seeking to redeem themselves after poor performances within the weekend recreation, whereas Yann Sommer is looking for his first clear sheet in a Bayern shirt. Meanwhile, FC Koln, excessive on the again of a 7-1 win, might be seeking to trigger an upset.
It’s Bayern time.
While you are ready for the sport, why not try our newest podcast episode? It incorporates a preview + an replace on the way forward for BFW after latest Vox Media layoffs. Listen to it under or on Spotify.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time: 8:30 pm native time, 2:30 pm EST
TV/streaming: ESPN+, Find Your Country
Tips for commenting:
- If you are a brand new member, be at liberty to introduce your self! We’re
principallyvery pleasant! Also, we’re from all elements of the world so do not feel shy in the event you’re from a rustic that does not appear represented on the weblog.
- If the feedback part begins to decelerate for you, simply hit the refresh button and hold commenting. It’s not essential to have the entire feedback loaded at one time when you’re simply casually following alongside.
- Keep the sorting to “latest” to simply comply with the dialog. It places the latest feedback on the prime.
- Here at BFW we have a good time each purpose like they do within the stadium: with a chant. The purpose chants are for everybody to take part in! Even in the event you’re lagging behind the others, hold replying to the latest name of the participant’s identify. Even in the event you missed the primary name, simply begin from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed inside purpose, please be well mannered to your fellow posters and keep away from gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language will not be allowed by any means.
Check out our newbies thread in case you have any extra questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an never-ending properly of Bayern Munich content material? Sign up for an SBNation account and be a part of the dialog on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it is full match protection and evaluation, breaking information, podcasts or one thing fully totally different, now we have all of it.