Initial reactions and observations
- Bayern Munich pulled a rabbit out of a hat right here. How did all that Barcelona dominance end in two targets … to us? Robert Lewandowski will probably be fuming after his missed probabilities, he might’ve singlehandedly price Barca the sport.
- Leon Goretzka approaching gave Bayern the physicality they have been lacking within the first half. The midfield battle evened up which allowed the assault to lastly rating.
- Lucas Hernandez, Dayot Upamecano, Noussair Mazraoui, and Alphonso Davies all deserve MotM awards. Their performances have been phenomenal. Incredible sport by them.
- Thomas Muller had his first off sport vs Barca.
- Leroy Sane maintains his scoring kind. Great displaying from him.
Full time: Bayern Munich received 2-0.
70′ — Subs: Ryan Gravenberch and Mathys Tel on for Musiala and Sane.
54′ — GOOOOOOOOOAL! Somehow it is double! Leroy Sane makes it 2-0!
50′ — GOOOOOOAL! Lucas Hernandez makes it 1-0!
45′ — The second half is underway! Goretzka comes on for Marcel Sabitzer.
Halftime observations and evaluation
- Bayern Munich needed to dangle on that half. Robert Lewandowski had three clear-cut probabilities. Honestly it is a miracle that it hasn’t been a bloodbath.
- Barcelona are urgent Bayern off the pitch. They hold forcing easy giveaways, it is infuriating to look at. Don’t these guys apply passing?
- Alphonso Davies is the one Bayern participant enjoying as much as customary. He had his flank shut down and launched plenty of harmful assaults all by himself.
- Ter Stegen has barely had a job to do at the moment, whereas Neuer has made plenty of large saves.
- Dayot Upamecano and Lucas Hernandez have needed to make plenty of last-ditch clearances, Barca are throughout Bayern right here.
Halftime: Bayern Munich 0-0 FC Barcelona.
30′ — We’re half an hour in and it is a miracle how Lewandowski hasn’t scored but.
19′ — Benjamin Pavard appears to have a thigh damage. He’s coming off. Mazraoui comes on.
Kickoff: We’re on the way in which!
One hour till kickoff: We have lineups! Julian Nagelsmann chooses to area Bayern Munich in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Sadio Mane up prime, and Thomas Muller, Leroy Sane, and Jamal Musiala behind. Dayot Upamecano is available in for Matthijs de Ligt at heart again. Otherwise, the XI is as we anticipated. The staff will have to be on prime of its sport to beat Barcelona tonight.
Meanwhile right here is Barca’s lineup in case you’re curious. They’ve chosen to start out Marcos Alonso at LB, however in any other case no surprises.
Despite beating Inter Milan lower than every week in the past, Bayern Munich are in form of a disaster. The staff has did not win three Bundesliga video games in a row, and now faces the prospect of internet hosting an in-form FC Barcelona facet on the Allianz Arena.
Despite being a marquee Champions League fixture, earlier conferences between these two sides have been hilariously one-sided affairs. Now, due to the trade of 1 Robert Lewandowski between the 2 FCBs, parity has been restored. In truth, the Spanish model might very nicely be stronger this time spherical.
Julian Nagelsmann will know he is beneath strain. Although nobody has mentioned it aloud, this sport vs Barca will function a litmus take a look at for his new-look facet. After a summer season that noticed the squad considerably reshaped, the coach should ship expedient outcomes. He has a star studded lineup at his disposal — the likes of Thomas Muller, Joshua Kimmich, Sadio Mane, Alphonso Davies, and the remaining have all seen success in opposition to the opposite FCB prior to now. Now it is a matter of placing all of it collectively, to point out that Bayern deserve the title of contenders.
It’s Bayern time.
While you are ready for the sport, why not try the newest episode of our podcast? We did a breakdown of Bayern’s struggles in current weeks, plus a have a look at how the Barca sport might pan out. Listen to it under or at this hyperlink.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time: 9:00 pm native time, 3:00 pm EST
TV/streaming: Paramount+, Find Your Country
Tips for commenting:
- If you are a brand new member, be happy to introduce your self! We’re
principallyvery pleasant! Also, we’re from all elements of the world so do not feel shy in case you’re from a rustic that does not appear represented on the weblog.
- If the feedback part begins to decelerate for you, simply hit the refresh button and hold commenting. It’s not essential to have the entire feedback loaded at one time when you’re simply casually following alongside.
- Keep the sorting to “latest” to simply comply with the dialog. It places the latest feedback on the prime.
- Here at BFW we have fun each objective like they do within the stadium: with a chant. The objective chants are for everybody to take part in! Even in case you’re lagging behind the others, hold replying to the newest name of the participant’s title. Even in case you missed the primary name, simply begin from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed inside cause, please be well mannered to your fellow posters and keep away from gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language shouldn’t be allowed by any means.
Check out our inexperienced persons thread if in case you have any extra questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an endless nicely of Bayern Munich content material? Sign up for an SBNation account and be a part of the dialog on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it is full match protection and evaluation, breaking information, podcasts or one thing utterly completely different, we now have all of it.