Good morning, mates. For the primary time in three years, we get to be foolish Cubs followers, gathering collectively within the depths of winter, and celebrating this sport that we love. It makes me pleased. See you on the Cubs Convention.
We are all pleasant weirdos, and I believe it is excellent:
Oh, talking of which – I used to be seeing all of the participant and prospect tweets and IG posts and what-have-you yesterday about them heading to the Cubs Convention and being excited, and it hit me: as a result of there hasn’t been a CubsCon in three years, this would be the first Convention for nearly each single Cubs participant or prospect in attendance.
- Spring Training reporting dates at the moment are formally official, and Cubs pitchers and catchers report in EXACTLY one month:
- Every Triple-A ballpark will use the system, though the video games shall be cut up into two buckets all through the season (ESPN):
“The Automatic Balls and Strikes system, generally known as ABS, shall be deployed in two other ways. Half of the Class AAA video games shall be performed with all the calls decided by an digital strike zone, and the opposite half shall be performed with an ABS problem system just like that utilized in skilled tennis.
Each staff shall be allowed three challenges per sport, with groups retaining challenges in instances when they’re confirmed right. MLB’s intention is to make use of the info and suggestions from each methods, over the total slate of video games, to tell future selections.”
- The problem system is the one that’s going to win out, by the way in which. It shouldn’t be obtrusive, it is a smaller preliminary step, and it’d really be an addition to the enjoyable.
- Speaking of enjoyable, Fergie Jenkins scoring targets for the Blackhawks (kinda). I imply, he is Canadian so it solely is sensible:
- Hey, positive, no matter, why not:
- From that video, somewhat one thing enjoyable:
- META: We are stepping up our NFL protection round right here upfront of the playoffs, and Patrick has been doing nice work. The NFL class is separate from the Bears (or Cubs or no matter) class, so you may see all of it right here or on the house web page. We are engaged on the flexibility to select and select which classes you need to see by yourself house web page, by the way in which, so ultimately you’ll try this, too.
- This image is, at first, extremely cool. And you then sit with it for a minute, and it turns into wildly terrifying: