[Follow our Fantasy Football rankings blog]
While the NFL season sputtered to a begin for a lot of groups, we’re on to Week 2 fantasy soccer goodness. We have already got a possible new RB2 in Jeff Wilson, the return of Robbie Anderson and Curtis Samuel, and Saquon Barkley and Michael Thomas trying like world-beaters once more. So, let’s get to some fantasy soccer sleepers for Week 2, together with some desperation throws — which function a participant shaking off an Achilles damage prefer it’s nothing.
Waivers | True SOS (APA — Wednesday replace)
Fantasy Football 101 (begins, performs, buying and selling and more)
All in Football (video pod)
2022 Week 2 Fantasy Football Sleepers
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨
These even sleepers. They won’t mimic my rankings 100%. This is chasing upside and typically carries more threat, however primarily based on APA matchups, you may “go for broke” if wanted.
POSSIBLE START: Trey Lance, SF — Lance’s Week 1 made you cringe.
But the sphere did him no favors. Lance salvaged a horrid efficiency with 13-for-54 dashing, which is why we’re enthusiastic about his upside. Russell Wilson threw for 340 yards towards the Seahawks, whereas Javonte Williams and Melvin Gordon mixed for 19-101-0 on the bottom.
HAIL MARY START: Justin Fields, CHI — Fields outscored Lance thanks to really throwing touchdowns, and whereas he did not have as a lot success working the ball, he did try 11 rushes. The Packers protection seems to be somewhat inclined this 12 months, particularly doing little to cease the bottom recreation.
POSSIBLE START: Darrell Henderson, SAT — Cam Akers is within the doghouse and/or nonetheless recovering from the tender tissue damage, so whereas we have now to bench him and wait, Henderson is in play as an RB2. The Rams host the Falcons in a get-right recreation, and the Falcons’ protection is among the weakest — the Saints dominated the bottom recreation in Week 1, even permitting Mark Ingram to common 5.5 YPC on his 4 rushes.
POSSIBLY START: Rex Burkhead, HOU — Dameon Pierce nonetheless has the upper long-term ceiling, however even when he pushes for more carries in Week 2, Burkhead is clearly the third-down and pass-catching choice. This is taking part in the matchup, because the Broncos look to rebound at dwelling, and they should not have as many issues scoring towards the Texans (perhaps do not fumble twice on the aim line?). That means this is able to be a Burkhead-type recreation anyway.
HAIL MARY START: Ken Walker, SEA — The Seahawks stunned everybody with the upset, and whereas Geno Smith performed effectively, there wasn’t any backfield assist outdoors of Rashaad Penny. While Penny put up a pleasant 12-for-60 on the bottom, Walker ought to carry a number of the load with the potential for goal-line work given his measurement and fashion. Hoping for a landing in Walker’s first recreation is the prayer right here.
POSSIBLY START: DJ Chark, DET — Going again to the effectively after Chark rewarded sleeper begins in Week 1, and as talked about in waivers each weeks, he is a top-two receiver for Jared Goff. The Commanders let Christian Kirk go off, and Zay Jones has a pleasant day on high of that.
POSSIBLE START: Josh Palmer, LAC — With Keenan Allen out (assumed), Palmer steps as much as begin alongside Mike Williams. Carter is more of a slot choice (additionally coated in waivers), and Palmer has comparable upside to Allen if given an identical goal share. The recreation towards the Chiefs initiatives as a high-scoring affair, which places all starters in play.
HAIL MARY START: Sterling Shepard, NYG — Shepard — like James Robinson — shocked the world along with his return and his motion on the sphere.
He continues to be the one dependable Giants receiver, particularly with Kenny Golladay unable to separate, Kadarius Toney buried on the roster and Wan’Dale Robinson damage.
POSSIBLE START: Tyler Higbee, SAT — If Van Jefferson stays sidelined, Higbee can proceed to be the third choice after Cooper Kupp and Allen Robinson. Additionally, assuming the Rams offensive line struggles — despite the fact that it is the Falcons — Higbee can profit from Stafford throwing faster and shorter given the dearth of pocket time.
HAIL MARY START: Logan Thomas, WSH — Thomas returned from damage and had the third-most targets (six) for the Commanders, turning them into 3-for-45. That’s nothing to go loopy over, however the Lions current Thomas with upside to repeat, if not enhance, on these numbers, particularly with the trio of receivers all trying nice via one recreation.
Fun with Rankings!
No one requested for this one, however who mentioned all of them needed to be reader requests — although, nonetheless be happy to recommend yours. To rejoice my new podcast opening with the Mega Man 2 Dr. Wily Fortress theme, I’m rating the perfect Mega Man bosses of all time. No, I’m not together with Mega Man X bosses, as that may very well be a class of their very own, so simply the classics.
- Metal Man — Best weapon ever… so good, it kills itself late within the recreation… the sound impact of it’s nice too with a long-lasting provide and multi-direction throw. Plus, he is one of many coolest trying. No one else comes shut; Metal is the Cooper Kupp of Mega Man bosses.
- Shadow Man — Honestly, he is a bit like Metal’s brother. He’s an alien robotic ninja! Plus, his weapon and music are the perfect in MM3. Plus, he is holding a large ass shuriken!
- Snake Man — If Serpentor was become a Mega Man boss, that is him. Fun stage, music, look and greatest animal-centric boss.
- Knight Man — This has a particular place in my coronary heart as a result of rising up, I used to attract my very own Mega Man designs and at all times drew a knight model. Look at this boss! If more individuals did not dismiss MM6 as an entire, more would love him as top-of-the-line along with his protect, wrecking ball chain.
- Flash Man — One of the higher stage themes, and his weapon stops time! You can argue it is a Top 5 weapon of all time, and the dude seems to be a bit like a linebacker as well.
- Slash Man — Take Blanka and Wolverine, flip them right into a Mega Man robotic, and poof, you’ve got one badass design with a dinosaur to struggle on his stage!
- Skull Man — Take Wood Man, enhance him in each approach, together with making him half goth, half Halloween, half nightmare.
- Quick Man — More nice music, robust stage with lights turning out and these one-hit dying beams. Quick Man is among the most harmful robots with a cool weapon that additionally considerably hurts Metal Man. That’s kudos by itself.
- Pharoah Man — Cool design, his stage too — which retains you in your toes — cool within the animation, and his charged weapon is an orb above you that may take out stage baddies and preserve going.
- Gemini Man — Level was authentic and cool with the colour blocks and orbs, and he has duplication potential.
- Splash Woman — She has a friggin laser trident! Yes, no sharks with friggin laser beams… it is a trident with one. Plus, in some way the one feminine boss ever?
- Crash Man — Would rank larger — as his design is fairly cool, the Crash Bomber can destroy partitions for secrets and techniques, and the music is once more nice (a theme for all of MM2) — however he is defeated so simply by some mini tornadoes.
- Sword Man — Okay, MM8 is fairly dangerous, however this boss is fairly fairly fairly cool. Huge sword, can separate his physique and flip right into a spinning dying wheel, plus the sword shoots projectiles, then as soon as Mega Man has it, turns into a flaming sword. Yas!
- Elec Man — Great theme, nice energy, nice look. If MM1 did not have so many exploitable methods to beat their bosses, Elec(tric) Man can be Top 5.
- Fire Man — There had been a couple of hearth/flame-related bosses, however Fire Man is the unique. He’s one of many best to beat, however his weapon for Mega Man turns right into a fireball thrown and 4 that circle round him for defense. Again, he will get factors for being an OG
Week 2 Fantasy Football Projections
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨 These can differ from my rankings, and my ranks are the order I’d begin gamers outdoors of added context, resembling, “Need highest upside, even when dangerous.” Also, primarily based on 4-point TDs for QB, 6-point relaxation, and Half-PPR
***Are NOT up to date Sunday morning, FYI***
Week 2 Projections Download – Saturday Update
Week 2 Fantasy Football Rankings
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨
- Only Half-PPR since FantasyExecs auto-calculation of Non and Full-PPR ranks might be off. But, there may be so little distinction from Non to Half and Full to Half that you simply need not fear.
- ECR = Expert Consensus Rank. Don’t deal with it an excessive amount of, as not all consultants replace constantly/continually.
- Updated recurrently, so test all the way in which as much as locking lineups.
Photo Credit: Maria Lysaker-USA TODAY Sports