After beating Syracuse 38-3 in its ACC closing, Florida State Seminoles soccer has moved up within the College Football Playoff rankings.
In the most recent version of the 2022 rankings, the Playoff Committee has slotted Florida State at No. 19 after having the group at No. 23 final week.
Florida State is No. 20 within the USA Today Coaches Poll and AP Top 25.
According to FSU Sports Info, Florida State is:
- The first ACC faculty to permit 65 or fewer passing yards in back-to-back convention video games courting again to 2000
- On a 124-22 successful margin and outgaining opponents 1516-612 over its three-win streak
- One of 4 groups nationally within the prime 20 of each whole offense and whole protection
The Seminoles have two video games left on the schedule — this week vs. the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (5-5, 3-4 Sun Belt) and subsequent Friday the newly-bowl eligible Florida Gators (6-4, 3-4 SEC)
More notes and stats from FSU Sports Info:
- Florida State moved as much as twentieth in each the AP and Coaches polls this week after its 38-3 win at Syracuse, which was FSU’s ACC-best fourth 30-point victory this season. The Seminoles are the one P5 group with two 30-point wins on the street and one in all solely 4 P5 packages – together with Ohio State, Tennessee and Georgia – with three 30-point victories in convention play.
- In information courting to 1996, FSU is the primary ACC faculty to carry convention opponents to 65 or fewer passing yards in consecutive video games (62 at Miami, 65 at Syracuse; the 2 lowest passing outputs amongst ACC offenses this season) and the primary group to carry consecutive FBS opponents to 65 passing yards or much less since Appalachian State in 2019.
- The Seminoles are averaging 235.0 dashing yards and 270.3 passing yards per recreation whereas holding opponents to 95.7 dashing yards and 108.3 passing yards per recreation. Florida State has accomplished 72.1 % of its passes and is 15-of-16 on crimson zone alternatives in that stretch.
- FSU leads the nation with seven landing drives of 90+ yards and is 2nd nationally with 15 landing drives of 80+ yards this season. The Seminoles additionally rank third in explosive play price differential, trailing solely Georgia and Ohio State, with an offense explosive play price of 16.62 % that ranks sixth nationally and a protection explosive performs allowed price of 8.98 % that’s twelfth within the nation (by way of ESPN Stats & Info).
- Florida State, Georgia and Ohio State are the one groups ranked within the top-10 in yards per play on offense and protection. The Seminoles are tenth nationally with a mean of 6.89 yards per play on offense and tenth with a mean of 4.62 yards allowed per play on protection. FSU is eleventh within the nation permitting a mean of 293.6 yards per recreation on protection and sixteenth within the nation with 477.1 yards of whole offense per recreation.
- FSU is one in all 4 groups within the nation, and the one group within the ACC, averaging no less than 260 yards of passing offense and no less than 210 yards of dashing offense per recreation this season. Of the three ACC groups averaging higher than 260 yards of passing offense, the next-closest dashing offense is North Carolina’s 163.9 dashing yards per recreation.
- Florida State is 1st within the ACC and 2nd within the nation in go protection, holding opponents to a mean of 155.0 yards per recreation by the air. The Seminoles are additionally 1st within the ACC and rank seventh nationally in holding opponents to a mean of 5.9 yards per go try.
- Florida State has scored on 14 of 20 first drives of a half this season, with 13 touchdowns on these 14 scoring drives for a complete of 92 factors. The Seminoles lead the ACC and are tied for 2nd within the nation in landing price on opening drives of a half (by way of ESPN Stats & Info).
- FSU has rushed for no less than 200 yards in 5 straight video games, this system’s longest streak since beginning the 1995 season with six consecutive 200-yard video games. The Seminoles lead the ACC in yards per rush and dashing offense, with their common of 5.53 yards per rush eleventh nationally, and their common of 213.6 dashing yards per recreation sixteenth.
- Florida State is one in all two groups within the nation that’s ranked within the top-25 in kickoff return common, punt return common and punt return protection. FSU is seventh within the nation and third within the ACC with a mean of 24.77 yards per kickoff return, is 2nd within the convention and seventeenth within the nation permitting a mean of three.38 yards per punt return and is third within the convention and twenty second nationally with a mean of 11.83 yards per punt return.
- Florida State’s protection has held opponents to a mean of 129.6 yards of whole offense within the first half, with opponents gaining solely 55.9 yards dashing and 73.7 yards passing within the first half-hour. The Seminoles are outscoring opponents 195-81 within the first half and have held seven opponents to 3 or fewer first-half factors.
College Football Playoff Rankings: Week 12
- Ohio State
- Penn State
- North Carolina
- Ole Miss
- Kansas State
- Notre Dame
- Florida State
- Oklahoma State
- Oregon State
- NC State