Germany tackle Hungary within the UEFA Nations League tune-up for the 2022 Men’s World Cup in Qatar. Catch the Vix stay stream within the US or discover how one can watch in your nation, and comply with together with us within the stay weblog and feedback beneath!
Initial ideas and observations:
- A story of two halves. Germany regarded completely hapless within the first, however got here to life within the second.
- Peter Gulasci was pressured into quite a few spectacular interventions. At least there’s that.
- It’s a disgrace that Hungary has not even certified for the 2022 Men’s World Cup. They could be loads for any group to cope with.
- Germany drops to 3rd within the group after Italy’s 1-0 win over England. It’s an actual bummer, however possibly a string of losses is simply the shake-up that these gamers want. Out of disaster, there may be renewal.
- Hungary now have two wins over England and one over Germany and are answerable for this Nations League group. What else to say however bravo.
That’s it from us for now! Stay tuned for our postgame protection proper right here at BFW: we have got Match Awards, Match Observations, a postgame podcast and extra on the best way!
90′ — Rüdiger earns a yellow after a determined deal with in a 1-on-1 state of affairs on the breakaway. Time is working out for Germany.
87′ — Nmecha concerned immediately! A cross finds him in a superb place to move down, however it’s saved. Kimmich latches on to the rebound from distance and it is a good effort, however no cube.
85′ — A remaining roll of the cube from Hansi Flick as Lukas Nmecha comes on for Thomas Müller. Will a field striker do the trick?
Germany nearly concedes once more instantly, however ter Stegen is robust to the check.
77′ – Chance! Musiala squirts the ball from a decent area out to Raum, teeing him up for a wonderful cross. Gulasci barely palms it out of Havertz’s approach, however the shot comes again from vary — and Gulasci, regardless of being unseen by his personal defender, palms it away.
73′ — Germany probability! Rüdiger finds Kai Havertz on their lonesome within the field and sends an extended bomb that reaches him, no offside. Havertz has no assist, nonetheless, and is pressured to play it again out. It leads to a deflected shot from vary that Gulasci simply collects.
72′ — Chance for Hungary! Another free move try by way of the traces in midfield leaves Müller crumpled in a heap and Bayern caught on the break. Kehrer is not within the backline and Süle barely pressures his man sufficient to power a weak shot. Ter Stegen spills it, however not far sufficient for anybody to pounce.
69′ — Sülinho alert! The heart-again marauds by way of central midfield and it ends with a Leroy Sané probability on objective — however he is at a decent angle and it curls huge.
Jamal Musiala and Chelsea FC’s Kai Havertz are actually on for İlkay Gündoğan and Timo Werner.
60′ — Kimmich fires a spectacular lengthy shot from unbelievable vary. It’s bought Gulasci beat, however curls inches away from the highest nook. Top-shelf stuff.
57′ — Chance! Excellent interaction by way of the middle between Sané, Werner, and Müller tees up a shot for Werner contained in the field. It’s contact and go stuff, however Werner solely manages to fireplace proper at his membership teammate, Gulasci.
55′ — Half-time subs be aware: I’d missed this, however Flick introduced West Ham United’s Thilo Kehrer on at half for Serge Gnabry, who had struggled to become involved. Jamal Musiala is now warming up on the sidelines.
53′ — Offside! Jonas Hoffman strayed previous the backline however he was discovered and teed up Müller, who fired into the web. Another let off for Hungary, however once more, extra threatening from Germany after the break.
51′ — Chance! Gündoğan lifts the ball over the again-line to search out Sané behind, and he fires on the close to submit. No objective, however that is extra full of life from Germany.
Half-time ideas and observations:
- What’s occurring with Germany? They look lifeless and uninspired in assault and weak in transition.
- Hungary are effectively deserved leaders on the break — possibly even unfortunate to have simply the one objective. This regardless of a 2⁄3 dominance in possession from Germany. Three pictures — to Hungary’s 5 — and just one heading in the right direction.
- There wasn’t a lot to do to cease that nook, sadly. It was a sensational objective. But Flick must discover a method to make these Hungarian counters look much less harmful.
- Antonio Rüdiger has been a vibrant spot in protection, along with his high quality serving to to maintain the clear sheet from open play.
39′ — Chance! Finally some sparkle from Germany as Leroy Sané performs David Raum into crossing place in area on the left. The looping header finds Thomas Müller who will get it heading in the right direction, however Peter Gulasci has it effectively-lined.
25′ — Kimmich earns a yellow for flattening Dominik Szoboslai on the break. Germany do not look good in any respect to date — and the Hungarians instantly break with a golden probability off the free kick that’s denied by ter Stegen at level-clean vary.
17′ — oh no Germany are again to their conceding first methods as Hungary pounces on a nook. Ádám Szalai is pretty effectively-marked however supplies a luxurious again-heel into the again of the web and it is 1-0 to the group leaders!
1′ — And we’re off!
Lineups introduced! (1:30pm ET)
FC Barcelona’s Marc-André ter Stegen begins in objective as anticipated in Manuel Neuer’s absence.
In protection, the middle-again pairing is Antonio Rüdiger (Real Madrid) and Niklas Süle (Borussia Dortmund) with RB Leipzig’s David Raum and Gladbach’s Jonas Hofmann as fullbacks. It’s an extremely attacking configuration to interrupt down the Hungarian protection!
Joshua Kimmich is joined by Manchester City’s İlkay Gündoğan in midfield, and in assault, there isn’t any relaxation for Thomas Müller, who captains the facet in the present day. Leroy Sané and Serge Gnabry flank him in a closely Bavarian-flavored entrance line, to be led by Leipzig’s Timo Werner.
With the World Cup only some extra months away, Germany will get only some extra probabilities to check out the setup earlier than crunch time. To keep away from a debacle like in 2018, Hansi Flick will wish to completely discover the gamers he has at his disposal, together with the total host of Bayern Munich gamers who’ve been referred to as up for this version of the worldwide break.
With Manuel Neuer and Leon Goretzka dominated out resulting from Covid, Thomas Muller is the most probably candidate to don the captain’s armband whereas Ilkay Gundogan might slot into the midfield. Former Chelsea star Timo Werner might get one other outing at striker, whereas Joshua Kimmich (who actually needs to be rested) is ready for one more sport in midfield.
Even although the Nations League is a correct competitors and Hungary are strong opponents, these video games are all about constructing rhythm within the group and ironing out the kinks. After watching Bayern battle for the previous few weeks, it might be a pleasant change of tempo to observe the identical gamers in a distinct system and see how they carry out.
While you are ready for the sport, why not take a look at our podcast? Listen to it beneath or at this hyperlink.
Location: Red Bull Arena, Leipzig, Germany
Time: 8:45 pm native time, 2:45 pm EST
TV/streaming: Find Your Cohuntry; Vix (free stream — US)
Tips for commenting:
- If you are a brand new member, be happy to introduce your self! We’re
largelyvery pleasant! Also, we’re from all elements of the world so do not feel shy when you’re from a rustic that does not appear represented on the weblog.
- If the feedback part begins to decelerate for you, simply hit the refresh button and maintain commenting. It’s not essential to have the entire feedback loaded at one time when you’re simply casually following alongside.
- Keep the sorting to “latest” to simply comply with the dialog. It places the most recent feedback on the high.
- Here at BFW we have a good time each objective like they do within the stadium: with a chant. The objective chants are for everybody to take part in! Even when you’re lagging behind the others, maintain replying to the latest name of the participant’s identify. Even when you missed the primary name, simply begin from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed inside cause, please be well mannered to your fellow posters and keep away from gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language shouldn’t be allowed by any means.
Check out our freshmen thread when you’ve got any extra questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an never-ending effectively of Bayern Munich content material? Sign up for an SBNation account and be part of the dialog on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it is full match protection and evaluation, breaking information, podcasts or one thing fully totally different, we’ve got all of it.