Here’s the total rundown of how to kind via all of it whereas digesting a Thanksgiving feast (or its leftovers) this weekend.
College Football Playoff rankings: LSU holds off USC for No. 5 spots
ACC: no 8 Clemson (10-1, 8-0) and No. 17 North Carolina (9-2, 6-1) had their divisions clinched earlier than final week They’ll meet in Charlotte in the ultimate ACC title recreation with the Atlantic and Coastal division format.
Big Ten: The East Division is straightforward to determine. no 3 Michigan (11-0, 8-0) and No. 2 Ohio State (11-0, 8-0) will kind that out Saturday in the Horseshoe, and the winner most likely winds up locking in a playoff berth in consequence.
The West, unsurprisingly, might be a large number. Iowa (7-4, 5-3) can clinch the division with a victory Friday at residence towards Nebraska. The Hawkeyes maintain a head-to-head tiebreaker over Purdue (7-4, 5-3), which may win the division with a victory over Indiana coupled with an Iowa loss. If each Iowa and Purdue lose and Illinois (7-4, 4-4) can deal with Northwestern, the Illini head to Indianapolis.
And what if Iowa, Purdue and Illinois all lose, which might be a really Big Ten West factor to occur? Iowa will declare the division.
Big 12: no 4 TCU (11-0, 8-0) has one spot sewn up. no 12 Kansas State (8-3, 6-2) can declare the opposite with a victory over Kansas or a Texas loss to Baylor. no 23 Texas (7-4, 5-3) would snag a rematch of its 17-10 loss to the Horned Frogs if it beats Baylor on Friday and Kansas State falls the subsequent evening.
Pac-12: no 6 Southern California (10-1, 8-1) is finished with conference play and assured of a title recreation berth. no 9 Oregon (9-2, 7-1) can be part of the Trojans in Las Vegas with a victory over No. 21 Oregon State.
And if the Ducks stumble? They can nonetheless make it if No. 13 Washington (9-2, 6-2) loses to Washington State in the Apple Cup. The Huskies and No. 12 Utah (8-3, 6-2) nonetheless has some hope, as Pac-12 Hotline’s Jon Wilner defined.
Washington will get into the champ recreation with:
– win over WSU
– OSU win over Oregon
– Cal wins over UCLA
— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) November 20, 2022
Utah will get into the champ recreation with:
– win over Colo
– UW beats WSU
– OSU beats Oregon
– UCLA beats Cal
The Utes want a UCLA win in order to ship the tiebreaker to the fourth step, which they might win based mostly on SOS
— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) November 20, 2022
Washington’s path entails profitable its recreation and getting wins from Oregon State and Cal (over UCLA). Utah must win its recreation (towards Colorado, so it is most likely good to go) and then have Washington, Oregon State and UCLA triumph.
Nothing like fourth tiebreakers to get somebody’s head spinning.
SEC: This one was locked in two Saturdays in the past. no 1 Georgia (11-0, 8-0) received the East Division once more, whereas No. 5 LSU (9-2, 6-1) will take the West even when it loses to Texas A&M. The Tigers personal a head-to-head tiebreaker over No. 7 Alabama (9-2, 5-2) in case it involves that.
American Athletic: The winner of Friday’s Tulane-Cincinnati recreation will win the common season championship and host the conference title recreation. Both groups are 9-2 general and 6-1 in the league.
no 22 Central Florida (8-3, 5-2) can lock up the second spot with a victory over South Florida (1-10, 0-7). But a Knights loss would gunk issues up. Paired with a Cincinnati victory over Tulane, it might ship the No. 19 Green Wave again to No. 24 Cincinnati for the title recreation. In tandem with a Tulane victory and a Houston loss to Tulsa, Cincinnati would journey to Tulane.
And then there’s the mixture of losses by Central Florida and Cincinnati and a Houston victory, which might ship the Bearcats and Cougars (7-4, 5-2) to a tiebreaker in which the highest-ranked staff in 4 pc formulation would earn the journey to New Orleans.
Conference USA: Texas San Antonio (9-2, 7-0) has earned internet hosting duties on its method out of Conference USA. (The Roadrunners are one among six C-USA colleges headed for the American subsequent season.) North Texas (6-5, 5-2) will earn the opposite spot with a victory over Rice or a Western Kentucky loss to Florida Atlantic. Western Kentucky (7-5, 5-2) wants a win and a North Texas loss to play for the league title.
Kickers save TCU and Michigan (school soccer winners and losers)
Mid-America: Ohio (9-3, 7-1) clinched the East Division due to Tuesday’s 38-14 rout of Bowling Green. The Bobcats, looking for their first MAC title since 1968, will face West Division winner Toledo (7-4, 5-2) on Dec. 3 in Detroit. Toledo is a recreation forward of Eastern Michigan (7-4, 4-3) however holds the head-to-head tiebreaker.
Mountain West: Boise State (8-3, 7-0) will host Fresno State (7-4, 6-1) no matter how this weekend unfolds. The Broncos earned a 40-20 victory over the Bulldogs on the blue turf Oct. 8.
Sun Belt: Under different circumstances, Coastal Carolina (9-1, 6-1) can be playing for a division title at James Madison (7-3, 5-2) this week. But with the Dukes ineligible for postseason play as a part of their FBS transition, the Chanticleers will symbolize the East Division.
In the West, Troy (9-2, 6-1) owns the head-to-head tiebreaker over South Alabama (9-2, 6-1), so the Trojans want a victory (over 3-8 Arkansas State) or a South Alabama loss (to 3-8 Old Dominion). South Alabama requires a victory and a Troy loss to safe a berth in the title recreation.
Five with probably the most at stake
A take a look at groups with lots to play for throughout Thanksgiving weekend
1. Southern California. The Trojans’ playoff path goes to require some assist, notably in the type of at the very least one among LSU or TCU shedding in the subsequent two weeks. But they are going to must do their half, too, which suggests they should take care of No. 15 Notre Dame (8-3) in their common season finale. All the playoff chatter goes away if USC cannot deal with an Irish staff that has received eight of 9.
Caleb Williams and USC catch a wave and experience it to a comeback win over UCLA
the 2nd Ohio State and 2b. Michigan. There’s an argument to put these groups just a little decrease. After all, the price of a loss may not even be to get bumped exterior the playoff. But whoever wins the showdown of unbeatens positive aspects near-certain passage to the playoff, no matter what occurs in the Big Ten title recreation. That’s fairly the reward, even when the chance is not as nice as it’s for others.
3. TCU. The Horned Frogs stay in survive-and-advance mode. And whereas it is not that onerous to conjure up a state of affairs in which TCU loses the Big 12 title recreation and nonetheless earns a playoff berth (say, if Clemson, LSU and Southern Cal lose at the very least as soon as in the subsequent two weeks), Sonny Dykes’s staff cannot afford a loss at residence to last-place Iowa State (4-7, 1-7 Big 12).
4. Clemson. While some skepticism is warranted with regard to the Tigers’ résumé, the actual fact is a 12-1 Clemson staff with an ACC title would generate some dialogue for a spot in the semifinals. The Tigers cannot get to 12-1 with out defeating South Carolina (7-4), and the Gamecocks ought to have Clemson’s full consideration after dropping 63 factors on Tennessee in a shellacking that knocked the Vols out of the playoff image.
5. Georgia. The Bulldogs can put a bow on their playoff berth every week early by dealing with rival Georgia Tech (5-6), which has confirmed plucky below interim coach Brent Key. Georgia charges decrease than the Big Ten unbeatens for one easy cause: Win or lose, it will get to play subsequent week. The math is not onerous: Win one recreation to earn a semifinal slot, and win each to lock in the No. 1 seed
A weekly take a look at the race for faculty soccer’s favourite stiff-arming statue.
1. QB Caleb Williams, Southern California (3,480 yards, 33 TDs, three INTs passing; 316 yards, seven TDs dashing). With an enormous stage and dealing with a crosstown foe with its personal conference title designs, Williams threw for 470 yards to make his strongest impression but. He’ll have two extra high-profile alternatives to shine — towards Notre Dame this weekend and then in the Pac-12 title recreation. (Last week: 3)
2. QB CJ Stroud, Ohio State (2,991 yards, 35 TDs, 4 INTs passing). In one other 12 months, Stroud’s possibilities most likely would have pale extra after accounting for one or fewer touchdowns in three of the Buckeyes’ previous 4 games. But there is a prime alternative for a Heisman second with Michigan coming to city Saturday. (LW: 1)
3. QB Bo Nix, Oregon (3,061 yards, 25 TDs, six INTs; 509 yards, 14 TDs dashing). He clearly wasn’t a lot of a risk in the working recreation on a sore proper ankle towards Utah (aside from a crucial first down late in the sport), however he nonetheless threw for 287 yards to maintain the Ducks in the Pac-12 title chase (LW: 5)
4. RB Blake Corum, Michigan (1,457 yards, 18 TDs dashing). The Wolverines star suffered a knee harm final week towards Illinois, and his standing for the de facto Big Ten East title recreation at Ohio State is unsure. If he does play and he registers a ninth consecutive 100-plus-yard dashing day, his possibilities of incomes an invite to New York will enhance. (LW: 6)
5. QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee (3,135 yards, 27 TDs, two INTs passing; 430 yards, 5 TDs dashing). The sixth-year senior’s school profession concluded with a torn ACL suffered final week in a loss at South Carolina. He will nonetheless land on some Heisman ballots — and rightfully so. Hooker’s 10-plus games had been higher than most gamers’ 12 or 13. (LW: 2)
6. QB Max Duggan, TCU (2,858 yards, 26 TDs, three INTs passing; 291 yards, 5 TDs dashing). He threw for 327 yards, rushed for 50 and accounted for 2 touchdowns in a comeback victory at Baylor. He and the Horned Frogs shut the common season towards Iowa State at residence, the place he has 15 landing passes and no interceptions this season. (LW: Not ranked)